Friday, November 6, 2009

A blog is born

Halloween is over and the holiday season is upon us. I always love buying Christmas gifts for family and friends, but this year, I thought about doing things a little differently. What if I tried to find as many gifts as I could that also benefited a charitable cause? That way, I could still do my usual gift shopping but also give back at the same time.

It seemed like a good plan, but when I searched the Web for ideas, I found a little bit of info here and a little bit of info there. There wasn’t one site I could visit to find a good list of products that benefited charities.

So I decided to try to create that site. As I find them, I’ll be adding everything from beauty products to housewares that make great gifts AND make gifts to nonprofits. That way, I can still have fun shopping, but I can feel a little less guilty about the money I’m spending. And who doesn’t want to feel a little less guilt?

No comments:

Post a Comment